- Professional/Diploma OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- Diploma of Technology in Food Technology
- Diploma of Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Diploma of Technology in Geographic Information Systems
- Diploma of Technology in Hospitality and Tourism Management with options in:
- Travel and Tourism Management
- Catering and Hospitality Management
- Hotel Catering Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Hotel Catering and Food Business Marketing
- Hotel Catering and Event Management
- Diploma in Industrial Art with Options in:
- Graphic Design
- Diploma in Computerized Accounting
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Professional diploma in Entrepreneurship
- Professional Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- Professional Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Diploma in Electronics Engineering
- Professional Diploma in Welding and Fabrication Engineering
- Professional Diploma in Sustainable Agriculture
- Professional Diploma in Civil Engineering – (Weekend/Evening Sessions)
General Entry Requirements for Diploma/Professional Programmes
- SSSCE Applicants: (A – D) passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Integrated Science and Core Mathematics; Two of the passes must be elective subjects.
- WASSCE Applicants: (A1-C6) passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Integrated Science and Core Mathematics; Two of the passes must be elective subjects. Applicants with equivalent qualifications/certificates can seek clarification from the admissions office of the University
Entry Requirements for Mature Diploma/Professional Applicants:
Applicants must be twenty-five (25) years old and must show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is five (5) years old at the time of application.
- Must pass a written examination and an interview to be conducted by the University.
- Must provide evidence of at least two (2) years’ work experience.
- e) AdvanceD diploma PROGRAMME (ONE YEAR)
- Professional Diploma in Computerised Accounting (Advanced)
Entry Requirements for Professional Diploma Programme
- Holders of Diploma Certificate are qualified to apply. Applicants with equivalent qualifications/certificates can seek clarification from the admissions office of the University
- F) Certificate of Technology Programmes – Evening Session
- Certificate of Technology in Information Technology
- Diploma of Technology in Geographic Information Systems
- Certificate of Technology in Hotel Management with options in:
- Front Office Operations Management
- Housekeeping Operations Management
- Food and Beverage Operations Management
- Certificate of Technology in Journalism
- Certificate of Technology in Fashion Design and textiles Studies
- Certificate of Technology in Wood Technology – (Evening Session)
- Certificate in Logistics and Procurement Management
- Certificate in General Engineering
General Entry Requirements for Certificate of Technology Programmes
- SSSCE/WASSCE Applicants: Minimum of three (3) passes (A – E/A1 – E8) in any subject. The three passes may be core or elective subjects in any subject areas with minimum grades of E8:
- NVTI: Minimum of three (3) passes in catering and cookery technology. The three passes may be core or elective subject.
- GCE Advanced Level Candidates: Passes in two (2) relevant subjects.
- Technical School (Certificate II) Applicants (CTVET & TEU): Applicants must have three (3) passes in all subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics; two of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
- Advance Catering Applicants: All two (2) passes in Cookery for the Catering Industry II
- Holders of Higher certificate from recognized institutions are eligible to apply for the programme; HND certificate, University diploma, post-graduate diploma, or professional certificate.
- DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES (DBS) PROGRAMMES (evening session)
The University offers the following Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) Programmes with options:
- DBS in Secretaryship
- DBS in Management
- DBS in Marketing
- DBS in Statistics
- DBS in Accounting
- DBS in Purchasing and Supply
- DBS in Information Technology
- DBS in Entrepreneurship
- DBS in Banking
- DBS in Finance
- DBS in Event Management
General Entry Requirements for DBS Programmes
- Four (4) SSSCE passes (A-D) or WASSCE Credits passes (A1-C6) including English Language and Mathematics).
- Four (4) Ghana Commercial Certificate Examination (RSA II) passes (including English Language and Mathematics)
- NACVET/NVTI/Government Secretarial Typist Certificate (for Secretarial Option).
- Four (4) ABC passes (A-D) including English Language and Mathematics.
- Four (4) RSA II passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- H) ADVANCED AND TECHNICIAN PROGRAMMES
- Advanced Craft – Cookery for The Catering Industry
- Advanced Craft – Fashion and Design
- Advanced Craft – Painting and Decorating
- Advanced Craft – Block-Laying and Concreting
- Advanced Craft – Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Craft – Welding and Fabrication
- Advanced Certificate in Catering and Culinary Art
Entry Requirements for Advanced and Technician Programmes
(1) CTC – 1
- Five (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English Language, Mathematics and Technical Drawing.
- Technicians Construction Option Subjects; Craft (B/C, C/J, P/D Plumbing) or Advanced (B/C and C/J)
(2) MET – 1
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English language, Mathematics and Integrated Science.
- Technical Option Subjects; Engineering Intermediate Craft, General Engineering (GE), Mechanical Engineering Craft Practice (MECP).
(3) MVT – 1
- Four (4) SSSCE passes including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science.
- Technical Option Subjects, Motor Vehicle Mechanics works (MVM), Intermediate General Engineering (GE)
(4) EET – 1 and Radio TV & Electronics Part I
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and any two of the following – Applied Electricity/Electronics, Physics, Mathematics.
- Electrical Installation work course C.
- Electrical Installation Work Course B or Electrical Installation Craft practice.
- Radio, Television and Electronics Mechanics
(5) CTC II/MET II/ MVT II/ EET II/ RADIO TV & Electronics Part II
Applicants should be holders of CTC I/ MET I/ MVT I/ Radio TV Part I
- Advanced Fashion: Holders of Intermediate Fashion
- Advanced Welding : Holders of Intermediate Welding
- I) CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (CILT) PROGRAMMES
- CILT INTERNATIONAL CERTFICATE – Evening and Weekend Sessions
- CILT INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA – Evening and Weekend Sessions
Entry Requirements for Cilt International Diploma/Certificate:
Applicants who have evidence of completing school at Advance or Technician Part I, II, and III programmes, GCE ‘O’ Level, GCE “A” Level and WASSCE/SSSCE, or equivalent
Professional qualifications. Applicants should have worked in logistics and transport environment.
Duration: six months
Warehousing and stores operations
Passenger Transport operations
- CILT INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA:
- International Certificate in Logistics and Transport
- University degree/HND or equivalence with relevant area of study, plus exemption at the certificate level, and evidence of work experience in a Logistics and Transport Environment
Duration: One year (two semesters)
- J) ACCESS OR PRE-HND COURSE
The Pre- HND or Access Course (English Language, Mathematics and Science) is organized by National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations (CTVET) to foster enrolment into the following programmes:
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Mechanical Engineering
- HND Automotive Engineering
- HND Building Technology
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management
- HND Industrial Art
- HND Fashion Design and Textiles studies
- HND Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- HND Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- HND Water and Sanitation Engineering
- HND Instrumentation and Automation Engineering
Note: Duration for the course is nine (9) months.
Entry Requirements for Pre-Hnd/Access Programme
- Technical school graduates with Intermediate and Certificate II results. Such candidates must have passed all their trade components prior to their admission into the Pre-HND Programme.
- Pure Science students from Senior High School, Senior High Schools or Senior High Technical Schools who passed at least three (3) A-C/A1-C6 elective subjects prior to their enrolment into the Pre-HND programme.
- Agricultural Science graduate from the Senior Secondary schools who passed at least three (3) A-C/A1-C6 of their elective subjects prior to their enrolment into the Pre-HND programme.
8.0 SHORT COURSES
The following short courses are tailored to provide hands on skills for people who are interested in developing careers in the Built Environment:
All programmes are part-time.
- AUTOCAD ARCHITECTURE TRAINING
- TILE LAYING
- PAVEMENT BLOCKS LAYING
- STEEL BENDING
- ALUMINIUM AND GLASS FRAMING WORKS
- ESTIMATION/PRICING OF CONSTRUCTION WORKS
- SITE SUPERVISION AND MANAGEMENT
- SURVEYING PRACTICAL TRAINING
- BIO-GAS AND DIGESTER CONSTRUCTION
- BIO-GAS AND DIGESTER CONSTRUCTION
Duration: One (1) week to Six (6) Months based on options and previous skills of the candidate.
Forms can be obtained at the department of Building Technology at Tamale Technical University. Cost of form: GH¢50.00 for more details contact Department of Building Technology and Academic Affairs Directorate of the University. For further information, please call 0246807001 or 0507814084.
The following four (4) year Bachelor of Technology Programmes are coming soon
- Bachelor of Technology in Electrical/electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology and Multimedia
- Bachelor of Technology in Art and Design Innovation
- Bachelor of Technology in Logistics and Procurement Management
- Bachelor of Technology in Technical Journalism
- Bachelor of Technology in Applied accounting
- Bachelor of Technology in Hospitality and tourism management
- Bachelor of Technology in Water and Sanitation Engineering